Oh! from the northwest corner
of a brand-new crescent moon,
while crickets and cicadas sing
a rare and different tune. (1)
Caleta Partida, Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Caleta Partida is an anchorage about 17 miles N. of La Paz. It
is the (impassible except by dink) channel between Isla Partida and Isla
- Looking north at Isla Espiritu Santo.
- Tranquility Base.
- West from the top of Espiritu Santo. Espire is near
the center; Happy is on the beach at lower left.
- East from deck, looking between the islands on the no-passage side.
Espire's voyage of discovery.
(1) The opening quote is copyrighted material © 1977, 1779
Ice Nine Publishing Company, Inc.,
from the song "Terrapin Station"
by Robert Hunter.
Used here with thanks but without permission.
All images copyright © 1996, 1997 Rick Drain.